Double Stuf Oreo Pudding Cookies
After biting into the unbelievably light + chewy pumpkin pudding cookie I made recently, I’ve become a firm line straddler. Previous to discovering the quick + easy and equally tasty pudding mix cookie, I was a staunch crisp ‘n chewy cookie lover. My salted chocolate chip cookies are the perfect example of the texture that I love.
I honestly thought that the pumpkin pudding cookies I made would be tasty enough, but would be rather uninspiring. So wrong. So very wrong.
I’m not yet certain enough that I’ll be a fan of a pudding mix cookie without any thing chunky + crunchy in it, so I amped up the cookies ‘n cream factor immensely in this recipe by dumping in a bunch of frozen + crumbled Double Stuf Oreos.
This recipe is scaled to be perfect for a cookie swap, with a yield of 50+ cookies. I’m not sure I know many [if any] people that aren’t fans of cookies and cream, so these should be a sure-fire success!
[Double Stuf] Oreo Pudding Cookies
Sweet blonde cookies matched with deep, dark chocolate chips and Double Stuf Oreo cookies. One might say, a match made in tastebud heaven?
Yield: 52 2" cookies [#40 3/4 oz purple scoop]
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup + 3 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp granulated cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 [4.2 oz] box instant Oreo Jell-O pudding mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 heaping tsp baking soda
- 2 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Double Stuff Oreo crumbs [from 8 cookies]
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and Oreo Jell-O mix to a medium bowl. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cream butter, yogurt and sugars in bowl of an electric stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. [seriously. do it. you'll thank me!]
- Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract to the sugar mixture. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, mixing on low until just combined.
- Add Oreo crumbs and chocolate chips to mixer bowl and mix by hand until well incorporated.
- Scoop dough out onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with palm of hand or bottom of a glass. Cookies do not spread much, so you can place with as little as 1" of space between.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
- Let cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
* Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
a sweet betweens original